Friday, May 18, 2012

Story Elements Sandwich


Here is something that the other 3rd Grade teacher in my building found online and shared with me.  She made it her own by copying it onto lined colored paper to match the type of food it was representing.  Here is what each one was:

Top Bun:  Title, Author, and Illustrator
Lettuce: Setting
Cheese: Plot
Onion: Conflict
Tomato: Theme
Meat: Characters and Character Traits
Bottom Bun: Opinion of the story

I was very pleased with how this turned out.  She took the week to do a couple each day.  I did it on a Friday morning.  It took a good portion of the day but it was nice to have something more laid back on a WARM friday close to the end of the year!  So either way works, depending on you. 

This might be something that I have a more advanced group do on a regular basis - or something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment